X-Wing guide to installing and playing: xwvassal.info/guide
Module alternate download (fast) page: https://github.com/Mu0n/XWVassal/releases/
Module download page (1-2 day delay): http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_X-Wing_Miniatures_Game
X-Wing Vassal league (season 7 starting very soon!) hub: xwvassal.info
Patreon page: https://www.patreon.com/mu0n
Paypal Tip jar: http://paypal.me/mu0n
Is it important to update to v8.4.1 or can I stick with v8.4.0 bottom line:
- If you care about using the Escrow Squad feature which was announced with v8.4.0, then yes, do update. In v8.4.0, it only really works with the player that clicks on the last button of the Escrow process. The other players receive broken dials they can’t interact with.
- If you care about seeing the squad points when squads spawn (escrow or regular fashion), then this is for you
- If both of these features aren’t interesting to you OR your opponents never bug you to use Escrow, you can wait until the next module version.
CliffsNotes (the TL;DR version)
Escrow Squad bug fixes:
- Players who did not push the ‘Spawn’ button in the ‘Escrow Squad’ window can now interact with their dials ;
- Players getting ‘Set’ in the ‘Escrow Squad’ window will now display their module version number to ensure compatibility between players ;
- Squad points are shown when the info is available from a squad spawned using a URL, or a direct XWS json paste. They aren’t calculated nor shown from a squad originating from the internal squad builder though.
Misc Bug Fixes:
A ship moved from a dial ‘Super-Reveal’ (Ctrl-S) that overlaps a ship is now ready to accept the ‘C’ key (overlap resolution) right away – no need to click on the ship first. The selected dial you just interacted with can pass that command through. v8.4.0 mentioned it would provide that feature but this fix was lost in the shuffle. It’s now back with this v8.4.1.
Helped test out this hotfix (big round of applause for these fine people):
- Incard_Matt S