X-Wing guide to installing and playing: xwvassal.info/guide
Module github download (fast) page: https://github.com/Mu0n/XWVassal/releases/
X-Wing Vassal league (new website!) (waiting for season 11 to start late 2020) hub:
Vassalengine.org download page (1-2 day delay): http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_X-Wing_Miniatures_Game
Found a bug? Missing art? Please report it here or see if someone did already: https://github.com/Mu0n/XWVassal/issues
Patreon page: https://www.patreon.com/mu0n
Paypal Tip jar: http://paypal.me/mu0n
Is it important to update to v9.1.5 or can I stick with v9.1.0 bottom line:
Always update. You know that by now.
- This module was now saved with Vassal Client v3.4.7
- Undo can now be done with CTRL-Z keystroke. It doesn’t seem to be great because it fails to work with some commands. I’m not sure, It’s probably a broken pipe dream that requires a LOT of diligence with the millions of custom commands I’ve written since 2017. You may decide to continue using the curved arrow button in the chat window instead.
At the time I’m writing this, FFG hasn’t updated its squad builder and the newest card art content in the background, on which we depend to get the card art for the newest October releases. This will be added via the Content Checker in the next days. Click on it when it flashes black and white. Your 9.1.5 will get its missing goodies.I ended up uploading the images myself, they were all fetchable from the articles. At the time I’m writing this, the web service which translates a YASB url to XWS isn’t updated with the latest release. Hopefully this gets fixed soon. In the mean time, convert your YASB list into XWS directly in the website, before you copy paste it into autospawn’s method 2 text box.
You can spawn lists with the newest stuff using YASB urls now.
- New Frog Squadron (group based around Quebec City, MY GROUP!) 3’x3’ map
- Upgrade cards that are associated with remotes will now spawn the remote card(s)
- Sensor buoy blue and red tokens added and can spawn with Sensor Buoy Suite tech upgrade
- Tie/rb Heavy can now rotate its cannon with ALT-U or with the ship mouse GUI (this is a different feature not related to the turret arc indicator)
- HMP Droid Gunship can now toggle between its active and inactive repulsor lift state with ALT-U (or the ship mouse GUI)
- Friendly reminder that lots of ships have dual graphical states by now.
- Remote “pilot cards” added in Pieces/SecondEdition/Remotes.
- Concussion bombs are now added in the bomb spawner that can be spawned from ships
- Sensor buoy (blue and red versions) – they have a toggleable range 1-2-3 finder as well as autorange report (right click to access it)
- The bomb spawner can now freely rotate
- The hyperspace marker can now freely rotate
- Face up damage cards can now spawn reminder tokens like it used to be a few module versions ago (CTRL-T while the card is selected)
- Autorange from obstacles/remotes was broken, it is now fixed
- Sideslip text description mixed up left/right headings. This is now corrected.
- Better handling of a bug during autospawn when it can’t find some local file that the x-wing module is supposed to write in its own folder. Instead of just a nondescript java bug popup, a message will explain the issue and how to resolve it. Those files aren’t there because the OS you’re using doesn’t grant permission to Vassal to write files in the spot where the module is located. Pick a better location! This is a well-known issue and is explained in the installation guide at http://xwvassal.info/guide.
Upcoming features in next module version
Zam Wessell condition card feature
- (to do) Special card for the condition with a hidden state and 2 reveal commands (through the right click menu).
Hyperspace Marker Mouse Interface
- (to do) Ctrl-click to access it
- (to do) Lets you select a bomb icon or a ship icon
- (to do) The bomb icon will let you spawn a bomb spawner
- (to do) The ship icon will let you select one of the ships so you can attach it to the marker
- (to do) Either way, you’ll then click on one of the 3 dots (one per branch of the marker)