X-Wing guide to installing and playing: xwvassal.info/guide
Module github download (fast) page: https://github.com/Mu0n/XWVassal/releases/
X-Wing Vassal league (new website!) (waiting for season 11 to start late 2020) hub:
Vassalengine.org download page (1-2 day delay): http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_X-Wing_Miniatures_Game
Found a bug? Missing art? Please report it here or see if someone did already: https://github.com/Mu0n/XWVassal/issues
Patreon page: https://www.patreon.com/mu0n
Paypal Tip jar: http://paypal.me/mu0n
Is it important to update to v9.2.0 or can I stick with v9.1.5 bottom line:
Always update. You know that by now.
- This module was now saved with Vassal Client v3.4.11
- Every player can now mouse-over other players’ cards and see a zoomed version, making it useful to scope out an opponent’s loadout. However, this opens up grifting possibilities which I hope players can resolve between each other.
- Once a ship has moved and selected, you can spawn the movement template that was used with ‘s’. This can be used for effects that require a ship to move through another ship (ie Starbird Slash). Select that newly spawned template and hit ‘s’ to detect overlaps with other ships. This is better than using the collision aide template, which has extended straight 3 ends, because it could trigger false detections in the extended parts.
Website guide updated
- A few missing entries (sideslip, Starbird Slash, hyperspace marker, etc), some with short soundless video tutorials, were added at http://xwvassal.info/guide
- Every card for the November releases are included in this module
- Nimi Chireen is now name-corrected and included as a t-70 x-wing pilot
- A better image quality Buzz droid remote card is now included
- 3 new condition cards + associated tokens are included as part of the November releases
Zam Wessell condition card feature
- Special card for the condition that acts like a dial. Use period ‘.’ or comma ‘,’ to cycle between the 2 choices. Do CTRL-R to hide/reveal. You’ll get a warning if you try to change the card once it’s on the map. The other players see a masked card on the map when you hide your choice.
Hyperspace Marker Mouse Interface
- Reminder: this token is used in the Aces High play mode, which was released in the Epic Battles expansion kit
- Find it under the Pieces Window in ‘SecondEdition’ part, ‘Tokens2e’ tab. Drag and drop it to the map.
- Ctrl-click to access it
- Select a ship (clickable dots)
- Select one of 3 positions around the marker (clickable dots)
- The front launching bomb spawner is now correctly oriented instead of flipped 180. The bug was due to the addition of a free rotate feature to it in the last version which broke the flip command it had to receive in front launching mode.
- Condition cards no longer spawn under the pilot card to the left under certain conditions (ie when there’s no upgrade card)
- Sideslip moves are now announced with the right heading in the chat window when they’re performed (thought I had fixed it last time, but this time it’s for realz)
- Cut a whole bunch of outdated 1.0 stuff (open movement dials, open movement strips, movement reference cards) to reduce the size of the module