X-Wing guide to installing and playing: xwvassal.info/guide
Module alternate download (fast) page: https://github.com/Mu0n/XWVassal/releases/
X-Wing Vassal league (new website!) (season 9 is ending soon) hub:
Module download page (1-2 day delay): http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_X-Wing_Miniatures_Game
Found a bug? Missing art? Please report it here or see if someone did already: https://github.com/Mu0n/XWVassal/issues
Patreon page: https://www.patreon.com/mu0n
Paypal Tip jar: http://paypal.me/mu0n
Is it important to update to v8.8.1 or can I stick with v8.7.9 bottom line:
- Always update. You know that by now.
Cliffsnotes of this update?
- The last 3 obstacles from ‘Never Tell me the Odds’ are added in
- The Galactic Empire TIE/in interceptor is fixed
- Revamped website at http://xwvassal.info
- Revamped Tutorial guide at http://xwvassal.info/guide
- (sorry for this late blog post about this version which is now months old, wordpress stopped working for me for a while)
Changes made by: @Mu0n:
New gas cloud tokens
- All 3 new tokens from ‘Never Tell me the Odds’ expansion pack can now be used (they spawn right from a YASB2 list that has them included)
- CTRL-T target lock images for them have been added
- CTRL-SHIFT-T autorange detection to ships from those new tokens have been added
- The Galactic Empire TIE/in interceptor was recently errata’ed to tie/in interceptor instead of tie interceptor in its printed pilot cards, so xwing-data2 rightfully followed suit, which means vassal must allow follow suit. The correct image files were renamed with the new convention (dial plate + isolated ship + ship base + all pilot cards). You could get almost everything from the Content Checker, except the ship bases. This is all included in this new version.
- The belbullab dial plate image was correct in the last versions, except in the edge case where you would overwrite all content with the Content Checker (it’s an optional choice that happens only if you check the ‘download all’ checkbox during the process). A bad version was present in a repo online and would make your module display the wrong dial plate image for that ship – however, the centered selected maneuver was always right despite the bad plate image. This is now all fixed and no corruption can occur again..